When you enter a contract to our services, it will be considered a legal agreement between the customer and the company. You, the customer will henceforth be known as ‘the customer’ and ‘Quality Removal Services’ is ‘the company’.
1. Charges and quotes
The prices given to the customer as a quotation is valid for a period not exceeding 14 days. The company reserves the right to change, update or modify it as per their discretion.
The company can and is within their rights to refuse a job without the need to justify their actions. In the event where the customer has provided inaccurate or insufficient information related to the work, the company may choose to retain any and all deposits paid without an obligation to make a refund.
Payment for the services offered by the company is due at the time of completion. The company does not offer any credit in any form unless agreed upon in writing prior to the start of the job. Payment is accepted through cash, cheque, or debit card. Interest on payment in the case of failure to make payments will be charged at 25% on the bill amount every 30 days (300% p.a). In case the company is forced is to hire a collector, the customer will have to pay the agency charges in addition to the owed amount.
4. Postponement/ cancellation
The company will charge the customer based on the total removal costs when the job is postponed or cancelled. The charges will be based on the number of days as mentioned below:
- 4 to 7 days: 50%
- 3 days: 75%
- 1 to 2 days: 90%
- <24 hours: 100%
5. Liability for loss or damage
- Unless the customer makes use of the packing service, the company takes no responsibility or liability whatsoever for goods damaged, stolen, or lost while being handled on behalf of the customer.
- If the items are not packed or unpacked by the company, they will also not offer any insurance cover for the items in question.
- The company will also not be held liable in cases where their actions or inaction is a cause for inconvenience, loss of earnings, or any other cost to the customer. It includes cases where mentioned losses happen as a result of negligence on the part of the company.
- If the customer has any claims on the damaged, lost or stolen property, they will have to be presented to the company in writing, within 7 calendar days of said damage happening.
6. Parking and traffic related fines
- The customer agrees to pay all and any fines that the company receives whilst in their employ. This extends to the time period after the work has been completed.
- An administrative fee of £40.00 plus VAT will have to be borne by the customer if the company arranges for a parking suspension with the local council.
7. Responsibilities of the customer
- The customer agrees to obtain and file all the documents that are necessary throughout the removal and delivery of the goods, this includes permits and other regulatory permits.
- Take responsibility for the safety of goods that are left unattended.
- Ensure the packaging to be done in a way so as to not cause injury or damage to the company and its staff.
8. Illegal goods
The customer asserts that they will not employ the services of the company to transport and storage illegal goods. The company reserves the right to contact the relevant authorities in case they come across any illegal activity from the customer’s side.
The company’s policy on damage of goods is outlined in section 5. The company also reserves the right to sell, dispose or withhold goods that are held in its storage facilities.
- The goods are held solely at the risk of the customer. Subject to any insurance cover provided, the company is relieved of any duty in respect of the goods.
- The company will exercise a lien over the goods in such cases. The lien extends to the goods until the owed payments are settled in full. The payment, if made by cheque will have to be honoured by the bank first.
- In case of payment defaults, the company can and will refuse the customer and their agents any access to the goods. The company will move the goods and hold on to or dispose them in parts.
10. Removals to and from a country outside the UK
- In case of employing a marine or air transport operator, the customer will have to provide the insurance cover.
- The company will not be held responsible for goods removed by the customs authorities.
- The arrival and departure of goods in this case are influenced by things that are beyond the control of the company and any losses suffered by the customer cannot be placed on the company.
Any references made in the above document should be interpreted as:
- The Company, the company’s: Quality Removal Services
- The customer, the customer: you, or your appointed representative/agent
- Goods: Goods/items being transported/handled/stored by the company under this contract